As adults, we look back at some of the things our parents and grandparents used in place of a garage, or as covers for their driveways—things like tents, secured tarps and metal covers. Steel awnings were popular back in the day, and now they are coming back to driveways across America. With that in mind, here are six excellent ways you can benefit from home carport installation in Houston, TX:
- Park more than just cars: You may have a garage, but it’s also possible that you own more than just daily drivers, including vehicles like boats, RVs, trailers, motorcycles or ATVs. A lack of garage space is no excuse to leave your other modes of transportation outside and exposed to the weather. This is where home carports can prove useful. Now you can rest better knowing that all your vehicles are safe and sound from ravaging year-round elements.
- Personal safety: Whether you have a usable garage or no garage at all, a carport canopy is a good way to stay safe. How? Well, instead of parking your car on the street and having to walk in the dark to your house, you can pull into a carport that’s set up close to your front door. You will also feel safer should you have to run out to your car in the middle of the night to retrieve something.
- Theft protection: Criminals intent on stealing or breaking into a vehicle may be less likely to target a car or truck that’s out in the open, like if you park on your driveway. Since professional awning installers recommend that daily-use carports be built close to the house, thieves will hopefully think twice before attempting a crime.
- Multi-use extra space: Your new carport installation in Houston, TX is multifunctional; that is, you can use it to protect your parked car, boat or trailer most of the time, but don’t be shy about converting it for other uses. Add walls around a carport and you’ve got yourself extra storage space, a summertime garden shed or a mini workshop. Leave walls off for a covered spot for hanging out with friends and family any time of the year!
- Convenience: The first thing you notice about your metal carport is that it does not come fitted with doors. If it did, it would essentially be a pop-up shed sitting on your driveway. Because it doesn’t have doors, that means you enjoy easier maneuverability when your hands are full with the kids, groceries or work bags, and can see it as a clear path with no obstacles leading to your front door. In a sense, residential carports are pretty convenient for most folks.
- Energy efficiency: The simplicity of a carport cover doesn’t stop at extra space or safety; in fact, it’s a very energy efficient structure. Unlike a traditional garage, it does not need electricity to open and close, and nor does it require permanent light fixtures.
Interested in learning more about residential carport installation in Houston, TX? Contact us at ABC Awning Company today to speak with one of our specialists.