What’s more American than relaxing on a nice screened-in porch in the late afternoon, with the clouds rolling by overhead, casting their large diffuse shadows, as you watch your backyard birds hopping about, picking grass seed?
We know it’s not a hard sell, but nonetheless, we’ve put together this post to explain the many benefits of having a screened-in porch with ample patio shade in Houston, TX:
- The indoors outdoors, and the outdoors indoors: One of the greatest benefits about having a screened-in porch—or a porch with a patio shade––is that you have a quasi-inside, quasi-outside room. You can leave the front door open and have a conversation with someone inside the house, while sitting in your rocker on the porch, watching the rain. And you don’t have to worry about getting wet!
- Protection from pests: Let’s face it—this is one of the number one reasons why people get screened porches. Spring and summer, the ideal porch seasons, are also the ideal seasons for bugs. A screened-in porch allows you to enjoy the spectacle of life that nature puts on every year in the warm months, without having to lower your position in the food chain. Screened-in porches protect you from pests and keep you king of the jungle.
- More privacy: The mesh screen can be seen through, but it lowers the clarity, and at some angles, it noticeably decreases the ability of passersby to see in. If your porch faces the street, with a patio shade in Houston, TX, you can enjoy your coffee on the front porch about having to worry about making awkward eye contact with a curious stranger.
- Always useful: Because you’re protected from the worst part of the elements, your screened-in porch is usable from spring through fall. And with the simple addition of a wood or gas stove or space heater, you can extend its usefulness all year round. The screen noticeably cuts cross-breezes and protects you from snow and rain, making your front porch your outdoor living room and simply giving you more usable living space. And who couldn’t use more living space?
- Increase the value of your home: Everyone loves screened-in porches. Adding one to your home can only add value. Especially if your home already has that country feel, then the screened-in porch can be that final touch to make your home an exciting haven for escaping and relaxing. People can imagine throwing parties on the porch, guests playing croquet in the yard and the smell of burgers on the grill—and if you ever need to sell your home, it will stand out compared to other homes on the market.
- Safe place for kids to play: If you have small kids, a screened-in patio is a good place for them to play where you can still easily keep an eye on them. You’ll know that they’re protected. You can leave the door open and listen to them, and they’ll be experiencing the Great Outdoors, as all kids should and few kids do these days.
To learn more, give us a call at ABC Awning Company. We’ve been in business since 1968 providing patio and patio shade installation services, as well as a variety of other services. If you’re interested in a patio shade in Houston, TX for your porch, give us a call today. You won’t regret it!