You can create a do-it-yourself screen room in Houston, TX by using porch enclosures. That’s right—these items allow you to turn your porch into a sunroom or three-season room at a fraction of the cost it would take you to remodel.
Here are some of the best and most creative enclosure options you might consider for your home:
- Screen porch windows: This do-it-yourself solution makes it extremely easy for you to enclose your deck and porch, and even your garage if you choose to do so. The windows are custom made to fit just about any size opening width and are quite easy to install. This is an excellent way to create your own screened-in porch!
- Mosquito curtains: Mosquito curtains are an excellent way to close off your deck, porch or patio without the cost of screening it and without losing any visibility. They are also ideal for locations that see a lot of mosquitos or other pests, meaning you can sit outside on a warm summer evening and not have to worry about getting eaten up by bugs.
- Outdoor drapes and curtains: Perhaps you don’t want to screen in your porch, but are still looking for a touch of elegance to finish off your sitting area. Outdoor curtains and drapes are ideal for this purpose. The curtains will move with the breeze in a relaxing and aesthetically pleasing way and will provide a more finished touch to your exterior.
- Screen porch awnings: Screen porch awnings allow you to quickly and easily convert your awning into a screen porch in an inexpensive way, all by yourself. You can use the screens throughout the season, or just at specific times when you need them—they’re easy to set up and take down. They’re especially ideal for use on decks that are at least partially covered by awnings.
- Pre-constructed window walls: For a more permanent solution, you can have walls with windows pre-built to the size you need. You then have then connected at your home and set up by professionals. The windows can either slide or swing open, allowing you to enjoy maximum versatility and airflow. You can find these walls in a variety of sizes, but all of them make ideal screen porch or three-season porch options with some extra durability.
- DIY screen porch kits: Some manufacturers make DIY screen porch kits, both in standard and custom-made packages. These kits allow you to add some extra sitting room outdoors and give you extra decoration options.
As you choose the best option to creatively improve your screen room, you should consider the space you currently have available at your property, the location at which you will be using the solution and the amount of money you will have to pay to implement that solution.
For more information and options to help you get the most out of your decks and screen rooms in Houston, TX, we encourage you to contact our team today at ABC Awning Company.
Categorised in: Screen Rooms