Types of Patio Covers
When adding a patio cover to your home in Houston, TX, a lot of thought goes into the design and shape, colors and materials you’ll want to use. Patio covers can dramatically transform the look of your backyard as well as protect against the elements.
There are a variety of different patio cover types, each with its own unique features and benefits. The right style for you will depend on what you want the covering to do and protect you from. If you’re not sure what kind of patio shade in Houston, TX you’re interested in, here’s a quick run-down of each style:
- Flat roof: A flat roof patio cover is a simple, clean-looking structure that can blend in with just about any home exterior. These patio shades offer good protection against the sun and rain. If you want to let in more light, you can add skylights or cutouts to the center.
- Awning: An awning extends from the roof at a downward angle and can be made completely of metal or have a metal frame with a cloth or vinyl cover made of different colors or patterns. One of the best features of awnings are that they can be retractable, so you only need to put it out when you want a patio shade in Houston, TX. Awnings provide ample shade and some protection from rain.
- Pergola: Pergolas are some of the most beautiful-looking patio covers due to their more intricate construction of wood or other materials. The cover includes a framework of columns and rafters to create an open, airy atmosphere. The roof may be flat, curved or crisscrossed, so it may not always protect you against the elements or bright sun.
- Gable: A patio cover with a gable has an A-type roofing style that is classic in form and shape. The high overhead space allows wind to pass through so you can enjoy summer breezes in the shade.
- Curved: Curved patio covers are certainly unique and can bring a different style to your home. Many curved patio shades still protect against the elements.
Benefits of installing a patio shade in Houston, TX
No matter what type of patio cover you choose to install, many of them will provide the same great benefits:
- Protects against the elements: One of the main reasons people purchase a patio cover in Houston, TX is to protect them from the sun while being outside. Patio covers do a great job of this and more, protecting you from rain and wind, as well.
- Adds value to your home: Installing a patio cover can actually add value to your home and give people a new incentive to purchase if you’re considering selling in a few years.
- Makes yard look nice: A patio shade is a good way to tie the look and feel of your yard together. Depending on the style, you might have a modern, luxurious space or a blissful, calm garden area.
- Provides space to enjoy: Everyone loves spending time outdoors in the spring and summer, but the hot sun and elements can take a toll on the body and your enjoyment. By installing a patio cover, you’ll be able to spend more time outside.
If you are interested in installing a top-quality metal patio cover in Houston, TX, call ABC Awning Company. For 50 years, we’ve specialized in the design, construction and installation of custom steel carports and patio covers for residential and commercial applications. Call today to set up a consultation!
Categorised in: Patio Cover, Patio Shade