As the summer heat and humidity starts to fade away here in Houston, the weather actually becomes a bit more conducive to hosting gatherings outside on your patio, especially as the football season starts up. Of course, you’ll still want to protect yourself from the sun and do what you can to create a comfortable environment for your friends and family. Temperatures will still get into the 70s and 80s regularly during the fall, especially in the early parts of the season.
With this in mind, you might consider installing a patio cover or a patio shade in Houston, TX this fall. Here are just a few of the benefits associated with using them at your home and in your outdoor spaces:
- Protection: Selecting the right type of patio cover for your property gives you and your guests some extra protection from the elements, including as sunlight, rain and wind. There are many different types of options—lattice covers might not give you the rain and moisture protection that other options do, but they’ll still be effective at providing shade, and likely at a cheaper price point. Consider what your main goals are and how you use your outdoor spaces, and you’ll know how much protection you need.
- Longer lasting furniture: Long-term exposure to the sunlight can fade the colors of your outdoor furniture, and regular rain and moisture can result in mold or mildew growing in and on your patio furniture. Installing a patio cover protects your furniture from weathering, which can save you a significant amount of money on having to reupholster your furniture or even replace some pieces entirely because of the weather damage.
- Sophistication: A patio cover can really “finish off” your patio or deck area with an elegant, sophisticated look. There are plenty of different design options and cover choices, including solid, lattice and solid-lattice hybrids, so you can easily choose which fits your needs best both in terms of functionality and aesthetics.
- Additional decoration options: Your patio is essentially a built-in party area in your backyard. Installing a patio cover opens up all kinds of new decoration possibilities, including using string lights or lanterns, hanging signs or banners, adding streamers for special events or all sorts of other decorations that can enhance the appeal of your outdoor spaces.
- Extra value: A good-looking patio cover can enhance your home’s appeal to prospective buyers, which means, if you’re looking to sell, it will help you up your home’s value and your potential asking price. This is because it provides both function and style that people who are looking to purchase a property will appreciate.
These are just a few of the biggest benefits that come with the installation of patio covers in Houston, TX at your home. With the fall rapidly approaching and more comfortable conditions for hosting friends and family outside on the way, now’s a great time to look into installing a patio cover of your own to maximize the use and attractiveness of your outdoor spaces. Contact ABC Awning Company today to learn more!