Property owners have lots of options when it comes to additional on-site storage space. There may come a time when a homeowner needs a backyard shed or two, or a farmer decides it’s time to organize their tools and equipment, but a solid metal or wood storage structure may be out of the question. If this is your situation, there’s good news: fabric buildings exist! Many residential and commercial property owners have already discovered the advantages of using fabric buildings. Now it’s your turn to get a rundown regarding this particular type of storage structure.
Before choosing an additional building option, make sure to measure the space where you want it to go and, for the safety of the items that will be kept inside it, observe how the sun hits it throughout the day.
Here are five key facts about fabric buildings in Houston, TX:
- Fabric building construction: A fabric building is mostly made up of fabric, but not every inch. Fabric structures have steel ribs. The fabric for your structure is stretched over and across the ribs, similar to pitching a tent for camping or outdoor events. Thanks to the tensile strength of the material, the fabric building is stable and durable. Fabric buildings can take on various shapes. All you need to do is shape the steel ribs into the form you want, be it barn style, a peak, round, hooped or Gothic arch.
- All forms are the same: In researching fabric structures, you probably came across a list of different building types and wondered if they differ from one another. The answer is no—they are all the same thing. There is no difference between a fabric building, fabric structure, hoop building, tension building and hoop barn kit. They are all made from a steel rib system and fabric. All are stretched or tensioned and anchored to stabilize the structure.
- A multi-layer product is used: In most cases, the material used in a fabric building is a multi-layer product. It’s usually manufactured using a “rip-stop” method, which is the combination of multiple layers of fabric with a treated coating between each layer. This increases the structure’s strength, durability and ability to withstand the elements. Also, regardless of color, the heavier the fabric, the more durable the cover.
- Has movability: Upon first glance, you’d think that fabric buildings are temporary setups, like camping tents. However, they can be used as temporary, semi-temporary or permanent buildings. No matter how you use your fabric building, it must be anchored at all times.
- Has many uses: The majority of fabric buildings are used for storage or to shelter belongings, including vehicles, outdoor equipment, boats, RVs, gardening tools and bicycles. Some people even buy fabric structures to use as their outdoor workspace for a hobby or home-based business.
If you want to hear more about fabric buildings in Houston, TX, don’t hesitate to contact the team at ABC Awning Company. We can help you with all your fabric building storage needs!
Categorised in: Fabric Buildings