Every homeowner has an ever-growing to-do list. Fence boards need replacing, trees need trimming and the walls could use a fresh coat of paint. Another project might be enhancing your windows with awnings. High-quality, properly-installed window awnings can add value, function and style to any home. You can fit them to most any window, but window awnings that are installed higher up have an easier time providing proper ventilation and natural light flow, while still ensuring your privacy.
In addition to good ventilation and natural lighting, window awnings offer homeowners a host of other undeniable benefits. Let’s take a look at the top six benefits of installing window awnings in Houston, TX:
- Prevents sun damage: One of the more popular reasons people install awnings above their windows is to shade their home or business from the hot sun. Awnings can redirect light and heat, which helps cool down homes and buildings, lowering energy bills in the process. They are also ideal if you are concerned about color fading from your furnishings and decor—including rugs, carpet, furniture and framed photographs—caused by intense UV sunlight.
- Prevents water damage: Window awnings are also great at redirecting rainwater away from the sides of your home, which protects your property from water damage. In other words, when awnings are in place to block rain, they help stop the wood and cement features around the exterior of your home from eroding. Be sure to check the condition of your awnings after any particularly harsh rainstorms, and clean the material periodically.
- Offers versatility: There’s an awning for all your door and window coverage needs. Awnings are available in numerous styles, materials and sizes, and they can be customized to match your home’s existing design. If you only want to utilize your awnings part of the year, look into retractable awnings that are easy to stow away when you don’t need them.
- Aesthetics: Another advantage of window awnings is that they can add a great deal of style and warmth to your home or commercial building. As mentioned above, you get to choose from many sizes, styles, fabrics, colors and patterns—the sky’s the limit! Switch them out based on the season or your preference at any time, or leave them in place all year round to boost curb appeal.
- Saves money: Window awnings are designed to deflect sunlight. As such, awnings may reduce your need for the air conditioner in the summer and the heater during the cold winter months.
- Helps the environment: When you use your heater and air conditioner less often, the result is lower energy consumption. In turn, you instantly begin helping the environment. It goes without saying that utilizing awnings is a good way to go green.
Window awnings are simple additions that can do a lot for your comfort and home value. Contact ABC Awning Company today to learn more about the benefits of installing window awnings in Houston, TX—we look forward to showing you the options that will work best for your property!
Categorised in: Window Awnings