Patio covers provide shade during the summer months and weather protection during the fall and winter to improve the comfort of outdoor living spaces. If you’re thinking about installing a patio cover in Houston, TX, it’s important to understand more about all your options to make sure you find the product that’s right for you.
Alumawood and Elitewood patio covers
Alumawood and Elitewood are both types of patio cover materials that are designed for durability, longevity, style and appeal. While these patio covers have lots of similarities, there are also some significant differences between the Alumawood patio cover and the Elitewood patio cover in Houston, TX. Here are some of the most important factors to consider when comparing these types of patio covers:
- Cost: One of the biggest differences between Alumawood and Elitewood patio covers is the price. Alumawood is a much more affordable option than Elitewood, which makes it a good choice for homeowners who are shopping for materials for patio covers or sunrooms in Houston, TX on a tight budget.
- Appearance: While there are some slight differences between the appearance of Alumawood and Elitewood patio covers, these two options look very similar. The biggest differences are not in the appearance of the products, but in the construction, quality and reliability.
- Variety: Elitewood patio covers come in a couple of different styles—a Classic style and an Ultra style. The Elitewood Ultra offers extra features, more luxurious design elements and higher-quality construction. The Elitewood Classic is comparable to Alumawood, with a very similar appearance.
- Quality: Quality is one of the most significant factors distinguishing Elitewood and Alumawood patio covers. Elitewood patio covers are made with steel support beams that are about 25 percent thicker than Alumawood beams. This makes them more durable and longer lasting.
- Warranties: Elitewood patio covers come with warranties that cover defects and damages. These warranties cover materials for 15 years and labor for three years. This gives homeowners peace of mind knowing their investment is protected. Alumawood, on the other hand, does not come with a warranty for materials or labor.
- Distribution: Elitewood patio covers and sunrooms in Houston, TX can only be purchased by licensed contractors through a formal distribution agreement. Alumawood patio covers, on the other hand, can be purchased by anyone and don’t require any special licensing or insurance to buy. This means property owners can save money on installation costs, but it also increases the risk of shoddy installation work from an uninsured or unlicensed contractor.
Patio covers and sunrooms in Houston, TX
Learn more about installing a patio cover in Houston, TX by reaching out to the team of experts at ABC Awning Company. Since 1968, our customers have trusted us to provide quality patio covers, awnings, sunrooms and carports for a variety of applications. We will walk you through all the best products and help you decide which option is best for your needs, preferences, budget and application. Get started with a consultation by giving us a call today. We look forward to working with you soon.