Parking your car outside leaves it susceptible to the elements and possibly even criminal activity. When building a garage isn’t a possibility, homeowners should consider carport installation in Houston, TX. But there are a few important things to consider before you hire a professional to build your carport.
Continue reading to learn a little bit more about the things you’ll need to think about before getting your carport:
- Professional builder or DIY kit: The first thing to consider is whether you want to hire a professional to erect your carport or buy a kit and do it yourself. We always advise hiring a professional. But at ABC Awning Company, we sell DIY carport kits for homeowners who like to get their hands dirty.
- Size and special features: Carports in Texas come in all different sizes and can even have special features like electrical lighting or skylights to let the sunshine in. When you work with installation professionals, they’ll cover all of your add-on options and help determine which size carport is right for your needs.
- Local building codes: Your neighborhood or town might have restrictions on carport sizing or location where one can be installed. Be sure to read up on your area’s building codes before installation begins to avoid hefty fines.
- Underground utilities: One of the first steps of carport installation is digging holes to place the poles. The last thing you want is to dig down and sever a utility line! Call 811 to have your land inspected before you put a shovel in the ground. If you work with a professional installer, they’ll handle this for you.
- Total cost: Finally, you’ll need to figure out what your budget is for your carport. While a DIY kit can save money, professional installation often yields better results. At ABC Awning Company, we provide installation that’s affordable on any budget.
Why choose ABC Awning Company?
Nobody tops our team when it comes to installing carports in Texas. Here are a few reasons to choose ABC Awning Company:
- Decades of experience: Nobody beats us when it comes to on-the-job experience—we’ve been installing carports of all shapes and sizes for over 51 years. Since we’ve been around for so long, you can rest easy knowing we deliver the best results.
- Fair pricing: We believe there’s no reason to break the bank on your new carport. That’s why we offer some of the best rates in town for our installation services and our DIY kits.
- Wide range of services: If you thought we just install carports and sell DIY kits, think again. We’re also experienced in installing patio covers, screen rooms, storage shelters and more. There’s no job too big or too small for our team to tackle.
Whether you’re interested in professional carport installation in Houston, TX or you’d prefer to install one yourself, be sure to contact our pros at ABC Awning Company. Give us a call today to learn more about our services or to get a quote for your new carport.
Categorised in: Carport Conversion