Dirty Awning? Here Are Five Tips to Clean It Up
Regardless of where it’s located, an awning won’t stay in perfect condition forever. For that reason, one of the most frequent questions we get from customers is, “How do you clean your outdoor awning properly in Houston, TX?” Thankfully, the answer isn’t all that complicated.
Keep reading to learn the simple steps to restore your awning to its original condition:
- Brush it off: Start by brushing off all the dirt and debris from your awning with a long-handled broom. It might take a little bit of effort to remove some of the dirt if it’s caked on, but getting rid of as much crud as possible leads to better results.
- Hose it down: The next step is to hose it off. Make sure you really soak your awning and get it as wet as possible. You may even want to use a nozzle on your garden hose for better results.
- Apply dishwasher fluid:Next prepare a solution of mild dishwashing liquid, and work it into your awning using a soft-bristled brush. It may take a while to work the soap into the awning, but the more elbow grease you put in now, the better your awning will look when you’re finished.
- Rinse: After you’re satisfied with the job you’ve done scrubbing, take your hose, and thoroughly rinse your awning down. Be very careful here, as failing to remove all of the soap from the previous step will leave your awning looking a bit crusty.
- Air dry: The final step among the best ways to clean your outdoor awning in Houston, TX is to just let your awning air dry. The air-drying process can take a while depending on the outdoor conditions, but there’s no reason to spend your time trying to soak up any excess water with a towel.
Is it time for a new awning?
We recommend cleaning your awning once a year to keep it looking its best, but even the highest-quality awnings won’t last forever. Here are a few signs that it’s time to replace yours:
- Tattered appearance: Cleaning your awning each year won’t do any good if it has tears, holes or loose threads. If your awning has seen better days, it’s time to talk to our pros at ABC Awning Company about replacement.
- Outdated look: Just because your awning is in perfect condition doesn’t mean that you don’t need to replace it. Consider replacing your awning every once in a while to give your house a fresh new look. You’d be amazed at how a new awning can transform your home’s look.
If you need to buy a new awning for your home or business, be sure to buy it from ABC Awning Company. We have some of the most competitive prices on the highest-quality awnings in the area. Call us today to get a quote for yours or to ask us more questions about how to properly clean your outdoor awning in Houston, TX. We look forward to assisting you!
Categorised in: Awning Maintenance