What Kind of Metal Enclosure Makes the Best BBQ Smoker?
Creating a homemade barbecue smoker is a great way to enjoy smoked meats year-round without purchasing an expensive smoker. However, knowing what type of metal enclosure makes for the best BBQ smoker is key to ensuring that your smoker works well and lasts for years to come. Factors to consider when choosing metal BBQ smokehouses include:
- The size of the smoker. If you plan on smoking large cuts of meat, you’ll need a larger smoker. Conversely, a smaller smoker will be more appropriate for smaller cuts of meat or if you’re short on space.
- The type of metal used. Different metals have different heat properties, so it’s essential to choose a metal that will retain heat well. For example, stainless steel is a good choice for a BBQ smoker because it doesn’t rust and is easy to clean.
- The thickness of the metal. Thicker metal walls will help insulate the smoker better, resulting in more even smoking temperatures. The price. Of course, you’ll want to consider your budget when choosing a BBQ smoker.
Here are the main types of metal enclosures commonly used for BBQ smokers:
- Aluminum Smokers
Aluminum BBQ smokers are a popular choice because they’re lightweight and easy to move around. However, aluminum is not as good at retaining heat as other metals, so it’s essential to choose an aluminum smoker that has thicker walls. Aluminum smokers are also more susceptible to corrosion than different types of smokers.
- Stainless Steel Construction
Stainless steel BBQ smokers are more expensive than aluminum smokers, but they’re also more durable. Stainless steel is better at retaining heat, so your smoker will be more efficient. Stainless steel smokers are also less likely to corrode than aluminum smokers. Several people have successfully used an old stainless steel keg as a BBQ smoker.
- Barrel Smoker
A barrel smoker is made from a repurposed steel drum. Barrel smokers are usually the most inexpensive type of BBQ smoker, but they’re also the hardest to control. It can be challenging to get an even temperature in a barrel smoker, so it’s essential to choose one that has thicker walls. When using this BBQ smoker, it’s also essential to avoid over-smoking your food, as the flavor can become unpleasant.
- Vertical Water and Electrical Smokers
These smokers have a water pan and an electric heating element, making them more expensive than other BBQ smokers. However, they’re also much easier to use. The water pan helps regulate the smoker’s temperature, so you don’t have to worry about managing the heat yourself. The size of the smoker will determine how much meat you can smoke at one time.
ABC Awning Company is a top provider of BBQ smokehouses for all your smoking needs. We carry a wide variety of smokers in different sizes and made from different metals to meet your specific needs. Our team is dedicated to helping you find the perfect smoker for your home or business, so you can enjoy smoked meats all year round. Contact us today to learn more about our BBQ smokehouses or to place an order.
Categorised in: Steel Buildings